Photos By RDD

Dedicated to my photography look for insights on shoots, "GOYA's" (weekly Get Off Your Arse and Shoot), announcements, thoughts and tips.

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Nurse Cherity and the Half Naked Native


I had the pleasure of spending a few hours with Cherity capturing a series of bridal portraits for her. While shooting on Atlantic Beach a "native" beach walker noticed that the bride was without a groom. He walked up, asked if she need a "stand-in hunk" and I snapped a couple of shots. As you can tell by the photo, Cherity had a good laugh. A good sense of humor and willingness to have a little fun is something I always appreciate. The beach walker, Cherity, her friends and I all enjoyed this gentleman's antics. Shot with a Canon 20D, handheld, Sigma DG Super Flash.


Prior to the encouter with the "half-naked native, " we spent some time shooting in and around Fort Macon. There are a number of interesting nooks, crannies, rooms and corridors that make interesting settings for photos. For this shot I used a Vivitar 285 on a light stand and bounced into a 30" umbella to enhance the natural light entering the room from the left.


From Fort Macon we moved west to a Public Water Access park a mile or two down the road. Here we took a number of shots; Cherity on a swing-set, with the ocean in the background, with the fishing pier in the backgound, both before and at sunset. Cherity was a joy to work with and I'm looking forward to shooting her wedding at the end of October.

For this tightly cropped beach shot I shot in AV mode (aperature priority) using a Sigma 500 DG Super flash mounted on a camera bracket.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG I'm SO HOT! Ha ha! Thanks for everything!

5:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home